Become a Volunteer
Our volunteers are essential to our mission. Please consider joining us to make the dreams of children come true. There are many ways that you can help.
A Wish-Granting Volunteer, essentially, is able to:
- Devote 2 hours twice a week on Monday-Saturday between 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Share her/his availability and contact details.
- Visit our local area office on any working day (Monday- Saturday) to spend 2 to 3 hours to properly understand the volunteer role & wish process.
- Accompany our senior volunteer for 8 hospital visits in one month.
Apart from above you are –
- Keen to visit a hospital and help us to interact with children who have a life-threatening medical condition & identify the innermost wish of a child.
- Be a good listener and dedicate a minimum of 2 hours, twice a week at a hospital for one year.
- Attend the wish-granting event if interested.
Minimum age criteria is 18 yrs & above.
Able to attend monthly volunteer meetings and attend ongoing training programs every 45 days.
- A fun role to plan, organize, and successfully implement the wish-granting event.
- Ideal for working professionals, who have some spare time on the weekend, and would love to create unforgettable memories for the wish child by conceptualizing a unique wish granting experience. Provide the magic to actually deliver the wish!!
- Take the wish child and family to the zoo, museum, aquarium, movie, theme park, etc.
- Liaison between the Make-A-Wish division office and the wish family during the wish-fulfillment process.
- Minimum age criteria is 18 yrs.
- Assist foundation in seeking donations from individuals, corporates, Trusts, High Net Worth Individuals etc.
- Introduce the cause to brand/marketing managers who may be keen to build partnerships with a cause-related marketing program.
- Organize donation campaigns in large corporate premises.
- Suggest ideas to develop fundraising events / connect to event organizers that can help maximize income for Make-A-Wish India.
- Suggest ways to raise funds to grant more wishes.
- Suggest ways to establish Make-A-Wish India as a top-of-the-mind brand in the charity sector.
- Suggest ways and mechanisms to execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and brand awareness.
- Develop brand awareness tools and collaterals.
Expertise in the following areas:
- Google Ad Words.
- Social media.
- Digital marketing.
- Campaigns to help acquire housewives as wish-granting volunteers.
- Campaigns to help acquire funds online (crowdfunding) to grant wishes.
- Introduce the cause to like-minded Radio and TV partners.
- Film Editing.
- Making communication material like newsletters, brochures, annual reports.
- Handle mass emailing every quarter.
- SEO analytics, guide to improve online visibility.
We welcome interns from professional courses and college youth who wish to volunteer for a short span of time.
These assignments are of short duration and thus it becomes even more challenging for us to ensure that in a short period of time we give you the right exposure to the work we do as a charity organization.
In view of the above, please send an email to Deepak S Bhatia at [email protected] with your resume, date block when you wish to intern, and location. Please note we do not provide any stipend/lodging/boarding support during this period.
Dear Prospective Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Make-A-Wish® India. We need volunteers in large numbers.
We rely on the dedication and passion of our volunteers to accomplish our mission of granting the true wishes of children with critical medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
By volunteering with us, you will become a vital part of the biggest wish-granting organization in the world; and you will make a real difference to the lives of ill children and their families. An opportunity that will not only develop your interpersonal skills, allow you to meet like-minded people; but will also be the most fulfilling and gratifying phase in your life that will echo with children’s laughter for years to come.
From wish granters and fundraisers, to campaign volunteers, creative persons to enhance our web site, social media experts, digital marketing etc. we have the perfect fit for you. Make-A-Wish India has 10 offices in India – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai & Pune. To get a quicker response, email Deepak S Bhatia at [email protected]
Come Share The Power of A Wish; JOIN us in fulfilling Make-A-Wish® India’s goal of granting the 75,000th wish by 2023!!
To make it easy for you, we have made small profiles on what is expected of you as a volunteer in the different areas of volunteering. Please read thru and then press SUBMIT on the option that best meets your talent and our requirement.
Volunteer with us in any position for a minimum period of 1 year and we will reward your dedication with a Make-A-Wish India T-shirt and Certificate of Recognition.
Our exceptional volunteers, who go above & their work will be recognized and rewarded in the national celebration on World Wish Day.
Our endeavor is to promote the spirit of volunteerism and volunteers in India by sharing their stories that ‘inspire by example’ and create an environment that will encourage more people to volunteer.
Our volunteers are very special to us and we appreciate you giving your time and talents to help make wishes come true.
We look forward to you connecting with us and forging a long-standing relationship and hope to hear from you soon.